Exploring Almost Forgotten Gravesites in the Great State of Ohio

Dedicated to cemetery preservation in the great state of Ohio


"A cemetery may be considered as abandoned when all or practically all of the bodies have been Removed therefrom and no bodies have been buried therein for a great many years, and the cemetery has been so long neglected as entirely to lose its identity as such, and is no longer known, recognized and respected by the public as a cemetery. 1953 OAG 2978."

Sunday, August 30, 2026

Remembering and thanking Lolita Thayer Guthrie and James L. Murphy whose early help inspired me to believe that I could make a positive difference with my cemetery research work in Ohio.

I could not be as involved with cemetery preservation in Ohio and research the subject as much as I can in order to share with others what I learn along the way without the early guidance and hands-on help I received from two influential people who I am sure inspired others as well.:  Lolita Thayer Guthrie of the Ohio Genealogical Society and James L. Murphy of the Ohio Historical Society. 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Lolita Thayer Guthrie:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
James L. Murphy

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~