Linda Hiser who hosts the fabulous "Flipside Blog" - by all means 'check it out' - has listed her 10 "Ancestor Approved" sites, and I am proud to be among the recipients.
Now, I will need to get going to do the same!
1. Hummer at Branching Out Through The Years
2. Barbara at Life From the Roots
3. Terri at The Ties That Bind
4. Linda at Exploring Almost Forgotten Gravesites in Ohio
5. Liz at My Big Fat Cajun/ Irish/Scottish/English/German/French/Southern Family Blog
6. Tina at Gen Wish List
7. Claudia at Claudia's Genealogy Blog
8. TK at Before My Time
9. Diana at Random Relatives
10. Dorene at Graveyard Rabbit of Sandusky Bay
"As a recipient of this award, I am to list 10 things I have learned about my ancestors that have surprised, humbled or enlightened me and then pass the award on to 10 other genealogy bloggers who I feel are doing their ancestors proud."
********I was surprised to learn that an ancestor of mine, Dr. Jeremiah Duvall, of Bedford, Pennsylvania, is listed in the D.A.R. Patriot Index! Because of that knowledge, I applied to the D.A.R. and was accepted!
I was surprised to learn that my great-great grandfather, Wesley Limes, had a snow white beard!
I was surprised to learn that my great-great grandfather, Wesley Limes, had a second wife.
I was surprised to learn that the marriage record for Wesley Limes and his second wife, Lizzie McDonald, was listed under "S" for "Simes"!!
I am humbled by all of my ancestors that they survived hardships unheard of today to keep their families together through plagues and poverty alike.
I am humbled by the Ohio Historical Marker in North Lewisburg, Ohio which is dedicated to the Friends (Quakers) in the village. My great-great-great grandfather's name, Harmon Limes, is among those listed on Side B of the marker.
I am enlightened by my paternal grandfather, Winfield Scott Limes, that his dedication was instrumental in forming the first United States local of the first Wood, Wire & Metal Lathers Union Chapter, Chapter #1 in Columbus, Ohio, in 1899.
I am enlightened by my maternal grandfather, Andrew Zagorsky, that he supported his wife and family of 11 children through much of the Great Depression.
I am enlightened by my father, Harry Limes, with how he was able to excel in such sports as horsehoe pitching and bowling all through the Great Depression, even when he was unemployed.
I am enlightened that although my mother did not finish high school, she earned a good living from working at a glass factory in West Virginia and later at General Industries in Elyria, Ohio where she met my father!
Now to my "Ancestor approved" blogs:
1. Along Spain Creek - by Mr. Ralph Lowell Coleman, Jr. - a great friend!
2. LOHWOMAN - by Hilda Hartling - a great friend!
3. My cousin Dale's blog - by Dale Lieb
4. GrantsCemetery - by John Grant - Check out his blog!
5. Genealogy Blog Finder - I could search this one for hours!
6. Progenealogists - "25 Most Popular Genealogy Blogs"
7. Cyndislist.com/blogs - A premier genealogial source!
8. Gravemappers - Among my favorite blogs!
9. The Graveyard Rabbit - one of my favorite blogs!
10. A Morbid Fascination - Woodlawn Cemetery, Toledo, Ohio - I just found this blog - offers interesting links.